Monday 28 July 2014

School and stuff...

Hi people of the internet,

I'm really sorry I haven't updated for a while and there really is no excuse but I'll try the old classic of 'sorry but you know with school and everything I was just really busy', I wasn't but that's my best excuse.

So today I thought I would on to the topic of school and education, I mean yeah it's not the best or happiest of topics, however in today's society it's something that all teenagers have to put up with. *Disclaimer- this post will probably end up turning into a rant about everything that is wrong with school.*

Firstly it the waking up, the choice between getting up early, looking decent, having a good breakfast and being as prepared as you can be for the day ahead. Or having an extra hour of precious sleep and not being as tired and having a headache and then looking like a mess. As well as this what people don't understand is that children and teenagers brains especially are scientifically proven not to be fully awake until 10AM, so technically that first hour or two of school is ... useless really. 

At school you have to deal with ... people, and yes I know all the teachers say 'Well you need to get used to it, there will be people you don't like during every time in your life' but I don't think they had to be teenagers in a society where expectations are so high, you need to have perfect friends, a perfect body, perfect possessions, perfect everything. But school isn't a dream, you can't get on with everyone and forcing people to know and like each other will just make it worse. There will be people who are idiotic, stupid, annoying, rude and so on and at school you get them all mixed together.

*Another point I could go on forever about things that are wrong with school but I will only limit it to three*

And finally and possibly the worst: homework. Our teachers already expect us to complete after-school activities, a perfect social life, eat properly, go to bed at a reasonable time, participate in hobbies AND above all else complete homework to the highest possible standard. Literally at least 3 ours of my time a day is spent stressing over homework which most of the time I don't even understand.

So overall I don't really think school is that great, but that's only my opinion, what do you think about school? I think I just had to get this out of my system, all the ranting and everything.

Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment