Tuesday 29 July 2014

Getting a dog!

Hi,

So today I didn't really do a lot so I wasn't completely sure what to write about, but then thinking back I realised that a couple of weeks ago something quite significant happened to my family: we got a dog!

I know owning a dog may not seem like a big thing to everyone but in my family we have wanted a dog for a long time, (10 years in fact!) but have just been waiting for the right time. Thankfully finally that time has come and with the school holidays about to start I couldn't wait to start playing with him. However thanks to the careful planning from my parents I didn't even know we were getting a dog until I saw him hiding in the bushes!
(^ There he is)
As soon as I saw him I automatically had hundred of thoughts running through my head: Is this dog really ours? I actually own a dog? What am I going to call him?
After a bit of thought we decided to call him 'Moriarty' aka. the arch enemy of Sherlock, due to me always loving that character and our dog looking slightly evil, (to me anyway).
 
At first Moriarty was really shy and timid (as with most dog I'm supposing after they have been placed in a completely new environment), and at nights he barks/whines and cries a little but night by night this got a lot better :) After a few days though he started to find he feet, (and in some cases literally) and we were able to start teaching him his name and a few basic things like where to go to the loo, how to sit and so on. After another trying to teach him the tricks (remember practise makes perfect!) he was able to do them, which was great to see our efforts had paid off :)
 
When I first got Moriarty I honestly didn't release how much work it would be, we have to: pick up his poo, keep him active, teach him tricks,  buy him essentials, arrange puppy training classes, make sure his is fed and watered and most of all keep him happy!
 
Overall although
he was such a big surprise, I absolutely love my new puppy, (Moriarty). Though there is a lot of work to put in to looking after him, I think all the time I spend with him and all the memories I am creating are worth it :)

Amelia 
 


(^ The day we got Moriarty)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for the congrats on the dog, and also I appreciate it that people like yourself take the time to read and comment on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Btw,I'm also on Instagram,maybe you like my account?
    Lovely greets from germany ;-)

    ReplyDelete