Monday 28 July 2014

Review: American Horror Story

Hey, well this frequent updating is going well... so far

As it's the summer holidays at the moment and I have had a lot of spare time on my hands I thought I would start watching slightly more television, (oh, how naïve I was about how much time I would spend watching it) and a series that I have heard a lot about was 'American Horror Story'.

*Sorry for any spoilers that I may mention*

So I decided to give it a go, I mean if all the blogs on Tumblr and all the accounts on Instagram are loving it why shouldn't I? As it's rated an 18 I decided not to go to the stress and purchase it in fear that I would become freaked at the first episode and never watch it again, but instead to watch it on online on a website my friends recommended to me.

And that's where my addiction to it began... When I started watching the first episode I admit it I was a little freaked, I mean two boys running around in a basement then being violently murdered was certainly one way to grab my attention. But as the story develops throughout the episode and then series and we get to learn more about the house and it's murderous ways I think then is where all the pieces of the puzzle start to fit together.

If I'm honest for the first couple of episodes I was quite confused, I mean starting of with a random murder then jumping to the present day family is quite weird, and then you trying to figure out which characters are dead or alive. It slightly messes with your head. But once you've grasp the concept of it, for me personally, I was hooked. I couldn't stop watching episode after episode and managed to finish season 1 in 2 days, (oh, my sad life). I just think American Horror Story like I said before is like a puzzle, you get a few pieces then your hooked and you have too finish it. I just can't wait to finish watching the rest of the seasons and then when the new season comes out to watch that too.

Overall I would really recommend watching or at least trying to watch American Horror Story, it's so complex and gripping I don't understand how anyone could not love it! But that's my personal opinion and I would like to see what you guys think?
 
Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment