Wednesday 6 August 2014

Depop

Hi everyone :)

Recently I've been wanting to earn a bit of extra money, however due to my age earning money is quite hard. After looking through a few websites for ways to earn money one tip that seemed to come up a lot was an app called 'Depop'.

 
 
The concept of Depop is quite simple, you can sell your own items and buy other people's. To be honest it's basically eBay. However an advantage over eBay is that you do not have to pay sellers fee's meaning you can make more of a profit. Another reason why it is similar to eBay is how you can bookmark/watch any items you like, which is great when you don't have the money to pay for it then, (I personally love using this feature!). However a difference between Depop and eBay is that on Depop there is no need to bid you can just instant buy and there be no hassle.
 
^Depop on the App Store^
 
The great thing about Depop is that there is such a wide and great variety of items, from clothing to electrics, footwear to books there is so much choice! The unfortunate (well for me anyway) is that I find so much I like and so little money to spend on it. 
 
^My feed^
 
After you have signed up it is much like any other social network site, you are given your own profile and page. You can then follow others, (and hope they follow you back) then your feed will start to become active with item's you hopefully like :) Even if you don't have many followers you can still get selling, (I sold my first item at 34 followers) as long as you remember to write a good description so people will be able to find it through search.
 
^Search on Depop^
 
By using this app I just think it is just a great way to make that extra bit of money, get rid of unwanted items and possibly even find many items that you would never find otherwise.
 

^ My profile on Depop^
 
I hope this may inspire you to get selling and making some money this summer, and also hope you enjoyed this post.
 
Amelia

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I nominated you for a liebster award so check out my blog on the link below to see the questions!
    sabina - the liebster award x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you very much, will write it up now! x

    ReplyDelete