Saturday 8 November 2014

Wicked!

Hey everyone!

Recently I went to go and see my now all time favourite musical; Wicked! 

NYC Wicked

When I first knew that I was going to see Wicked I was so pleased, I had asked for it as a Christmas present I was so lucky with the timing as Wicked was coming to my local theatre on tour! Originally I didn't really know a lot about plot of Wicked, but as I started to do some research on it I thought it would be a really interesting musical to watch.


The basic synopsis of Wicked is the long friendship between Elphaba ( aka, the Wicked Witch of the West) and Glinada ( aka, the Good Witch of the North) explained from the view of Glinada, starting from when they first met at college. Their talents are noticed and both are sent to see the Wizard, where Elphaba notices that thing are not all that nice and starts to defy the Wizard. Glinada remains loyal to the Wizard when all forces are out to get Elphaba, I won't tell you the ending but lets just say it slightly ruined my childhood. 


 Overall I thought Wicked was amazing! The costumes, the sets, the props, everything was just so detailed and contributed to the overall impressions it left on me. I loved all the songs, admittedly my friend and I did start singing along to some of them. The whole musical was just so well preformed and I would love to go and see it again! My all time favourite part was the ever so famous 'Defying Gravity'- it was outstanding!

I love seeing Wicked and I hope you liked my review on it, please comment down below your thoughts on this musical and any post you would like to see.

Amelia

2 comments:

  1. I have nominated you for the leibster award! Read the post here :)

    http://gingerphoebe.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/the-leibster-award-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best friend loved wicked when she went to see it!
    Peace xo
    www.waitwhatok.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete