Monday 13 October 2014

What I love about Autumn

Hey everyone!

I'm so sorry I have blogged in so long, but I when I went back to school in September I was just inundated with homework and revision, but finally I have got everything under control so I should be able to post more often!

So since autumn/winter is my favourite time of year I decided it would be quite fitting to do a blog post with my 'Top 10 reasons why I love Autumn'.

Reason 1- The Weather
                I absolutely love the weather at this time of year; at the start (in September) you still have those last few days where the sun is out and shining and you can still go down the beach with friends, and then through the next couple of months it slowly transfers into this beautiful day where the sun is still out yet it is chilly enough to wrap up warm. I also love the days when it is cold outside and then you can just stay inside all nice and warm.


Reason 2- The Colours
                 The colours that are about during this time of year are also stunning too, with all the deep colours yet some leaves still being quite bright colours such as orange/yellow. With all these colours around I just love how everyday I can take the same walk everyday yet the scenery and colours change.

Reason 3- Halloween
                Even though I am 14, I do not care how old I get but every year Halloween will always have special place in my heart. I just love all the feeling of getting you and your house all dressed up and then going out with all your friends and having a great time whilst getting yourself free candy!

Reason 4- Bonfire Night/ Fireworks
                 I also love this event as I think it's lovely just to meet up with people and have a great time whilst watching a bonfire burn up (whilst of course heating some marshmallows over it :D). I also love seeing the pretty patterns that all the fireworks and sparklers make in the dark sky.

Reason 5- Lush Baths
               I admit it, I can't help but after a long day at school I just love to come home and relax with a nice lush bath. I personally find their Christmas/Autumn range of products amazing both in smell and how they make my bath look, and I can't wait to go shopping this weekend to pick up all my favourites so watch out for a lush haul!


Reason 6- Film Nights
                 After having my lush bath I cannot resit curling up in my bed and watching a film or TV series whether it be a horror or another genre, especially if it is a stormy evening. My personal favourites at the moment are American Horror Story and The Fault In Our Stars.

Reason 7- Long walks
                  This one relates back to reason 1 and 2, because I love going out on walks partly due to those reasons. I believe that this year more than any I will love going out on walks as this year I won't have to go alone as I have my dog! Going on these walks just helps me to relax and take in the beautiful scenery, whilst also trying to keep me healthy.

Reason 8- Candles
                 As well as my favourite Lush products coming out I also find I prefer candle scents around this time of year, especially when Yankee Candle's release their new ranges. 

Reason 9- Warm fires
               I also love putting on the fire when I come home and it's cold outside and so I warm my feet up by the fire and then take photos of it because I find it's strangely picturesque.

Reason 10- Sweater weather!
                    Sweaters are my favourite item of clothing in my wardrobe and when autumn comes along I usually go overboard and go all out with my favourite jumpers from past years and then go a purchase a few new ones. I just find them so versatile and snuggly- (basically perfect for autumn!).


Hopefully you have enjoyed this blogpost and please do comment down below saying your favourite things about autumn! 

Amelia 

No comments:

Post a Comment